Siem Reap Evening Food Tour
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
Celebrate the living Siem Reap with off-menu dishes that Khmer chefs actually eat in the back room. Our Siem Reap Food Tour features recipes with histories as rich as Angkor Wat, prepared authentically by locals in areas of the city and its villages you’d never venture on your own.
NEED TO KNOW
- Stops: 4 sit-down, safe-to-eat restaurants and 1 craft beer & cocktail bar.
- Start & End Location: Hotel pickup is included from centrally located hotels. Otherwise a meeting point will be provided prior to your tour date. Hotel Drop-off will be provided at the end of the tour back to your hotel or preferred destination in central Siem Reap.
- Dietary Requirements & Allergies: This tour is not vegetarian friendly as fish sauce is a common ingredient in Khmer cuisine. We visit small, family-run eateries that often specialize in few items so substitutions are not available. We are sorry but not all special dietary requests cannot be accommodated. Please contact us before booking to see if you can be accommodated.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- See another side of Siem Reap you haven’t experienced, full of local Khmer life, vibrancy, and flavours. We have a mix of modern, traditional, urban, and rural dishes on our menu!
- Support local communities and visit small, family-run shops preparing dishes that dishes shaped the growth of the Angkor Empire.
- Enjoy a meal in the kitchen of the Siem Reap’s oldest guesthouse, with a family of 3 generations who runs it, and hear how the town and its cuisine has changed with the arrival of tourists.
- Sip beer and watch the cows come home during the sunset over a local meal – just like the locals do!
- End the night at a lounge featuring historically themed cocktails using locally sourced ingredients.
- Plus a lot more surprises!
* When we say “off the beaten path,” we mean it! Your tuktuk will travel a total distance of approx. 30km, with a cold beer in hand, while we travel around the city and visit a nearby village.
* Our tour routes change regularly depending on vendor opening hours and tour schedules. Your tour experience may be slightly different than what’s described above, but we promise it will always be awesome.