Culinary Journey of Chengdu 4-day Trip
- Duration: 4 Days (approx.)
Note: A 2,000 RMB per person deposit is required to reserve your spot.vRemaining balances are collected 14 days before the trip starts.
Our founder hails from Chengdu, which makes this 4-day, 3-night itinerary even more special. This trip will take you through Chengdu, Leshan, and the nearby countryside to see and eat everything that makes Chengdu an UNESCO city of Gastronomy.
From street snacks to a village meal in the countryside, this is guaranteed to be the best food you (or anyone) can find in and around Chengdu. You’ll also visit a timeless Sichuan tea village where you’ll pick, roast and make tea by hand. The Chengdu region grows several varieties of high quality tea, which is why it has become central to daily life in Sichuan.
The nature of this trip is relaxed. There are no long van rides and no strenuous activities. Since it is only 4 days, the itinerary is quite full but there will be time to get off your feet. All of our trips are all-inclusive and do not have any shopping stops. The only thing not included is your transportation to/from Chengdu, and any extra shopping or activities during your free time.
- 3 nights accommodations.
- All meals, including beer (and wine when available) for dinner. Food will be plentiful and varied!
- Ticket/entrance fees at attractions.
- Our own private ground transportation, provided each day, stocked with mineral water.
- English speaking Lost Plate trip leader.
- Basic travel insurance.
- Airport pick-up and drop-off in Chengdu on day 1 and 4.
- Shopping is available during your free time, but this is a no-shopping tour and is not part of our itinerary.
- Online pre-trip briefing and Q&A by Lost Plate one week prior to departure.
- Jump in our Tuktuks and join our Chengdu Evening Food Tour for unlimited food, beer, and soft drinks and try at least 10 dishes across 4+ stops, plus a local bar.
- Sichuan is the land of pandas, so we'll visit the Chengdu Research Base for Giant Pandas for a good look at all shapes and sizes.
- Head to the outskirts to a special teahouse that hasn't changed for decades. Experience a staple of Chengdu culture and enjoy a cup of tea with locals like they have their entire lives.
- Enjoy the very best of Chengdu's word-famous hotpot scene. This tradition is almost 3000 years old, and for good reason! We'll visit our favorite spot off the tourist track.
- Spend the night in a Sichuan tea village where you'll pick, roast and make tea by hand, plus explore the tea terraces.
- Visit the town of Leshan and its famous Giant Buddha carved into a 71 meter riverside cliff where three local rivers meet...plus try the best local eats.